5 Reasons to Hire an Agent
Buying or Selling? You might be wondering if you really need to use a real estate agent. In our modern world full of thousands of websites and apps dedicated to buying or selling real estate, it might be tempting to set out on your own. Here are just a few reasons why it is best to work with a professional.
- Represent your best interests: Sellers and buyers are on opposite sides of the transaction with opposing goals. Agents have what's known as a "fiduciary" responsibility to their clients and are legally obligated to put their clients' best interests first. Having an agent means you have a professional in your corner, championing your dreams and interests.
- In the know: Realtors have access to information not always available to the average homebuyer. Your agent will be able to look into this information to help you inform your home buying decision. Also, agents are often aware of properties coming on the market before they are officially listed. This can be a huge leg up in today's market where you have to act fast or miss out.
- Pricing expertise: Real estate is a very fluid, ever-changing market. An experienced realtor will be able to help you figure out a fair price for your home based on comparable homes and the current real estate market. One 2017 study found that FSBO listings sold for 30% less than their agent-listed counterparts.
- Local expert: If you're moving to an entirely new area, you need an expert that can help you find the right place for you. It can be difficult without input from a realtor to pick a neighborhood best suited to you; a real estate agent that knows the local communities can provide much-needed information.
- Attention to detail: The amount of paperwork and numbers involved in buying or selling a home can be completely overwhelming, especially for first-time homebuyers. A realtor can make sure that all your documents are in order and you understand everything before signing.
Whether buying or selling, we are here to help! Ramseier Group can help you get the most out of your home buying experience and help you find the home of your dreams. Call 816.262.8077 today!